Biomolecular and Biomimetic Materials Laboratory
News & Events
- 06/28/2018. We got a three-year grant from NSF.
- 05/15/2018. We got a five-year NIH R01 grant from NIAMS.
- 05/04/2018. Akiho, David and Brandon graduated from Penn State !
- 04/23/2018. David recieves the Douglas and Regina Evans Award for Research. Only one student each year gets this award.
- 03/04/2018. An invited review paper was accepted for publication in Biomaterials (IF:8.402).
- 01/29/2018. Peng's paper was accepted for publication in Angewandte Chemie Interntional Edition (IF:11.994).
- 10/31/2017. James's 1st first-author manuscript was accepted for publication in ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering.
Our research has been highlighted on news media such as
Penn State News
and Science Daily.
- 10/14/2017. Our two undergraduate students, Brandon and David, presented their work at the BMES Annual Meeting.
- 10/11/2017. Jinping's Chemical Science paper was selected as cover article.
- 09/20/2017. Jinping's paper was accepted for publication in Chemical Science (IF: 8.668).
- 08/20/2017. James and Nan joined the ACS National Meeting & Exposition.
- 06/16/2017. Jinping's paper was accepted for publication in Chemistry of Materials (IF: 9.466).
- 05/03/2017. Dr. Wang gave a talk at Lehigh University.
- 04/05/2017. We joined the Society of Biomaterials Annual Meeting.
- 01/25/2017. Dr. Wang joins the Editorial Boards of Scientific Reports and ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering.
- 01/10/2017. Pinliang's paper was accepted for publication in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces (IF:7.504).
- 06/08/2016. Dr. Erin Gaddes passed her PhD defense. Congratulations!
- 05/17/2016. Our research has been highlighted on the
and by numerous news media such as Science Daily, etc.
- 05/06/2016. Dr. Wang has been approved for promotion to Full Professor.
- 04/18/2016. Dr. Peng Shi joined our group. Welcome!
- 04/14/2016. The paper accepted by Angewandte Chemie International Edition (IF: 11.261) was selected as Hot Paper.
- 04/04/2016. A paper by Niancao et al. was accepted by Angewandte Chemie International Edition (IF: 11.261).
- 02/11/2016. Dr. Wang joined a NSF panel.
- 01/21/2016. A paper by Xiaolong et al. was accepted by Biomacromolecules (IF: 5.750).
- 01/11/2016. A paper based on the collaboration with Dr. Nieh was accepted by Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology (IF:5.338).
- 01/04/2016. Dr. Shihui Li passed her PhD defense. Congratulations!
- 12/07/2015. We finished updating our web. Thank James and Andrew for the great work.
- 10/09/2015. Our group gave an oral presentation to discuss programmable materials in the BMES meeting at Tampa FL.
- 10/09/2015. The paper by Erin et al. was accepted for publication in Experimental Cell Research.
- 09/04/2015. Dr. Xiaolong Zhang passed his PhD defense. Congratulations!
- 08/24/2015. The paper by Shihui et al. was accepted for publication in Scientific Reports (Impact Factor: 5.578).
- 07/21/2015. Our group receives a ~$2.2 M NIH R01 grant in collaboration with Dr. Guo-Hua Fong at UConn Health Center.
- 07/13/2015. Erin and Shihui individually won the first and second place awards in the student poster competition.
- 05/27/2015. We got the Grace Woodward Collaborative Grant in collaboration with Dr. Hank Donahue.
- 05/06/2015. Erin received the prestigious Villforth Award.
- 04/21/2015. Our work has been highlighted on NSF's SEE Innovation website.
- 04/16/2015. Erin and Shihui presented our work in the SFB conference.
- 03/19/2015. A paper by Erin et al. was accepted for publication in Biomacromolecules (Impact factor: 5.788).
- 02/27/2015. A paper by Shihui et al. was accepted for publication in Angewandte Chemie (Impact factor: 11.336).
- 12/04/2014. Dr. Niancao Chen passed his PhD defense. Congratulations!
- 10/21/2014. A paper by Erin et al. was accepted for publication in Biomacromolecules.
- 10/10/2014. Dr. Mark Battig passed his PhD defense. Congratulations!
- 08/08/2014. A paper by Niancao et al. was accepted for publication in Biomaterials.
- 08/13/2014. Our research is featured in Penn State News.
- 06/01/2014. A paper by Mark et al. was accepted for publication in Biomaterials.
- 04/17/2014. Niancao and Dr. Wang joined the SFB Annual Meeting and gave two presentations.
- 04/07/2014. Dr. Wang gave a talk at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
- 10/11/2013. A paper by Kan, Shihui, Xiaoqian, Dr. Wang, and Dr. Willis was accepted for publication in Langmuir.
- 08/21/2013. The paper by Xiaolong et al. was accepted for publication in Chem Comm.
- 08/03/2013. Dr. Wang gave an invited presentation in the 5th Sino-American Workshop on Biomedical Engineering.
- 06/17/2013. Dr. Wang joined an invited NSF Workshop for Materials Scientists and Engineers.
- 05/15/2013. A new paper by Niancao et al. was accepted for publication in SMALL.
- 03/03/2013. A new paper by Zhaoyang et al was accepted for publication in Biomacromolecules.
- 01/07/2013. We start our new lab at Penn State.
- 09/17/2012. A new paper by Shihui, Niancao, Zhaoyang, and Dr. Wang was accepted for publication in Biomaterials.
- 09/12/2012. A new paper by Zhaoyang, Niancao, Shihui, Mark, and Dr. Wang was accepted for publication in JACS.
- 09/05/2012. We received a CREATIV award from NSF.
- 07/31/2012. The Chemistryworld Magazine highlights our research on programmable protein release.
- 07/26/2012. C&EN highlights our research on programmable release of multiple protein drugs.
- 07/23/2012. Mark's paper was accepted for publication in Journal of the American Chemical Society (IF: 9.907).
- 06/04/2012. Xiaolong's paper was accepted for publication in Biomacromolecules.
- 05/16/2012. We got a new grant via the UICG competition in collaboration with Dr. Moss at the UConn Health Center.
- 03/22/2012. Kelsey received a SURF award from the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- 12/09/2011. Dr. Wang serves on the editorial board of Journal of Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering.
- 11/30/2011. Dr. Wang received a new ONR grant in collaboration with Dr. Willils.
- 10/24/2011. Kelvin and Dr. Wang won the UConn Badminton Championship (Men's doubles).
- 10/22/2011. Niancao's paper was accepted for publication in Biomaterials (impact factor:7.882).
- 10/15/2011. Our group gave two oral presentations and one poster presentation at the BMES Annual Meeting.
- 09/26/2011. Dr. Wang gave an invited talk at The University of Rhode Island.
- 08/31/2011. Dr. Wang gave an invited talk at the ACS meeting.
- 08/09/2011. Dr. Wang received a new NSF grant in collaboration with Drs. Nieh and Fan.
- 07/11/2011. Six high school students joined our lab, learning nanobiotechnology, hydrogel, and cancer chemotherapy.
- 06/03/2011. Boonchoy went back to Thailand, taking a lecturer position at Thammasat University.
- 05/25/2011. Boonchoy's paper was accepted by Biomaterials.
- 04/13/2011. The Board of Trustees approved Dr. Wang's application for early promotion and tenure.
- 12/03/2010. We receive a grant for buying an imaging system.
- 12/01/2010. Boonchoy's paper is accepted by Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry.
- 11/04/2010. Congratulations to Dr. Jing Zhou for her passing the dissertation defense.
- 09/23/2010. The Advanced Materials & Processes magazine reports our research.
- 08/19/2010. Boonchoy's paper is accepted by Biomacromolecules.
- 08/04/2010. Jing receives doctoral dissertation fellowship.
- 08/01/2010. Our lab receives a new NSF grant from the CBET division.
- 07/26/2010. Dr. Wang gave a talk at the Annual World Congress of Industrial Biotechnology.
- 06/30/2010. Jing's paper is accepted by Biomacromolecules.
- 06/29/2010. Jing's paper is accepted by Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry.
- 06/23/2010. Dr. Wang gave an invited talk at the Gordon Research Conference.
- 05/25/2010. Our lab receives a new NSF grant from the CBET division.
- 05/01/2010. Dr. Wang receives NSF CAREER award.